I've been practicing yoga since dawn of the new millenium (how auspicious sounding! In other words, since 2000) and started teaching in 2001. I started out as a Bikram Yoga teacher and quickly became interested in learning as much about yoga as I could, including studying many different styles of yoga. I've practiced and studied Ashtanga, Anusara, Kundalini, Forrest, Prana Flow, Freedom Style, Kripalu,and Iyengar Yoga, to name a few. I've also had a long and particularly exciting relationship with my meditation practice. I'm basically really excited when I'm consistent with it!
When I became fully immersed in the Baptiste Yoga community, specifically the community created by Nancy Perry and Laura Rust at BIG Power Yoga, I found my home and my passion. The combination of physical poses, meditation, and inquiry work has led me to a drastic and, truly miraculous shift in my way of being, and in my life. Through this work I've experienced a profound healing of my body and my spirit. I am currently in the process of becoming a Certified Baptiste Yoga Teacher and I couldn't be more proud and deeply moved to share this incredible yoga system with you! What I've experienced through my practice and my teaching is the precious gift of connecting with myself and others in a way that calls each of us as humans to live into our own unique gifts as whole and complete beings, fully expressed, and unconstrained from the past!
In addition to teaching, practicing, and loving yoga, I am also a musician, wife, and mom to a beautiful little yogi.
Here's the lowdown on some noteworthy credentials:
- Master of Social Work, University of Maryland School of Social Work, 1998
- Certified Bikram Yoga Teacher, 2001
- 200 Hour Forrest Yoga Teacher Training with Ana Forrest, 2008
- Certified Rainbow Kids Yoga Teacher, 2009
- Freedom Style Yoga Teacher Training with Carrie Garrett, 2012
- Baptiste Level 1 Program, 2014
- R.Y.T.-200 from BIG Teacher Empowerment Program with Nancy Perry and Jenny Noonan, 2015
- Baptiste Level 2 Program, 2016
I would love nothing more than to share the gifts of yoga with you!
From my heart to yours,